VMware Cloud on AWS has been helping our customers accelerate their hybrid cloud journey since its launch in 2017. Not only have we extended the benefits of proven VMware enterprise capabilities to the AWS Cloud, we have also delivered a strong economic value compared to the alternatives of staying on a traditional on-premises infrastructure or moving to traditional public cloud instances.
We have worked with thousands of customers and validated hundreds of TCO assessments with them. On average, we can save our customers approximately 30% versus staying on-premises on their traditional 3-tier architecture. We have also commissioned 3rd party analysts from Forrester and IDC to interview our customers. In 2019, Forrester has found that a typical customer saves 59% on infrastructure and operating costs by moving to a VMware Cloud on AWS. A 2020 IDC study has shown that VMware Cloud on AWS customers were achieving average 351% 3-year return on investment along with significant improvements in application performance and reduction in unplanned downtime.
Importantly, we have also provided a compelling cost advantage compared to traditional cloud instances. When our customers have done an apples-to-apples comparison accounting for the enterprise capabilities included in VMware Cloud on AWS by default, they have found that VMware Cloud on AWS environment is more cost -effective than traditional cloud instances. And VMware Cloud on AWS customers can achieve a higher return on investment by maximizing the utilization of their cloud resources — the same value that vSphere has been delivering for years on-premises. And don’t forget about costs of retooling, re-platforming, and retraining to move vSphere workloads to non-vSphere public clouds. Those costs are largely eliminated with VMware Cloud on AWS.
To make the economic value even more compelling, on our 4-year anniversary of the service, we are excited to announce a limited time price promotion for VMware Cloud on AWS i3.metal hosts .
Through this offer, VMware is lowering the list price of on-demand, 1-year or 3-year subscription for i3.metal hosts of VMware Cloud on AWS by 15 %. The lower list price reduces the total cost of ownership of IT infrastructure further in comparison to on-premises or traditional public cloud alternatives for vSphere-based workloads. The offer also makes it even easier for small and medium sized businesses to get started on their hybrid cloud journey with VMware Cloud on AWS.
- This offer is valid from October 15, 2021 through January 26, 2022 at 11.59 PM PT.
- Eligibility: Any customers who purchase any number of new on-demand, 1-year subscription or 3-year subscription of VMware Cloud on AWS i3.metal hosts during the promotion period that starts from October 15th, 2021 through January 26th, 2022, are eligible for this offer. Any purchases that take place after the promotion period will not be eligible for the promotion pricing and will occur at the prevailing list price. Promotion pricing may not be retroactively applied to VMC on AWS i3.metal host that has been redeemed prior to the promotion period.
- The offer is available across all VMware Cloud on AWS regions and it is available for all currencies.
- This offer is available through VMware, AWS, and their respective channel partners; for all payment options (SPP credits, pay by invoice, or credit card payment); and all operators (VMware-managed or MSP-managed).Customers can redeem existing SPP credits or purchase new SPP credits and use this offer for purchasing new VMware Cloud on AWS hosts.
- Customers can also redeem VMware Cloud Universal credits and use this offer to purchase VMware Cloud on AWS hosts.
Below is a snapshot of a promotional pricing of VMware Cloud on AWS i3.metal hosts in AWS US-East (N.Virginia) region:
|Current Prices for i3.metal in AWS US-East(N.Virginia) region||Promotion Prices for i3.metal in AWS US-East(N.Virginia) region|
How to get started?
If you would like to learn more about this offer, please get in touch with your VMware or AWS representative to learn more.
Meanwhile, if you would like to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some resources for you:
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Leverage the new VMware Cloud on AWS Techzone for curated technical documentation.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes, VMware Site Recovery release notes and VMware Cloud Disaster Recovery release notes on continuing updates.
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast
- Check out Cloud Customer Success Community, engage with your peers and get your questions answered.
 The Total Economic ImpactTM Of VMware Cloud On AWS, an August 2019 commissioned study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of VMware