VMware vRealize Cloud Management Suite now supports Microsoft’s Azure VMware Solution
I am pleased to announce that customers can now take advantage of VMware vRealize Cloud Management with Azure VMware Solution. We have three vRealize solutions available as either on-premises software or cloud service that VMware has validated to support Microsoft’s Azure VMware Solution: (1) vRealize Automation and vRealize Automation Cloud, (2) vRealize Operations and vRealize Operations Cloud, and (3) vRealize Network Insight and vRealize Network Insight Cloud. VMware supports all these vRealize solutions. Customers can use their existing on-premises vRealize software licenses and vRealize cloud SaaS subscriptions to extend their vRealize management practices to the Azure VMware Solution. Customers who do not have a specific vRealize product that they want to use with Azure VMware Solution can purchase it from VMware or one of our authorized partners. Let’s look at each one of these powerful solutions in turn.
VMware vRealize Automation and vRealize Automation Cloud
VMware vRealize Automation is a modern infrastructure automation platform with event-driven state management. We have designed it for organizations that want to control and secure self-service private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments, establish governance, and facilitate the use of DevOps principles to deliver infrastructure services. With vRealize Automation, DevOps engineers, developers, and application owners get a public cloud-like user experience for quickly obtaining the environments and resources they need. At the same time, infrastructure operators maintain security, compliance, and control.
VMware vRealize Automation is now available as on-premises software that customers deploy in their data centers (vRealize Automation) or as a software as a service (SaaS) subscription (vRealize Automation Cloud). Customers can reap many benefits by using vRealize Automation, including:
- Standardize and simplify consumption and automation processes on Azure VMware Solution
- Implement consistent policies across VMware, Azure VMware Solution, and public clouds using intelligent and intuitive Infrastructure as Code with VMware cloud templates
- Provide cost savings from infrastructure resource utilization and faster deployment of environments with workflows that utilize DevOps practices for infrastructure use cases
VMware vRealize Operations and vRealize Operations Cloud
VMware vRealize Operations is a unified, artificial intelligence (AI)-powered day two operations platform with predictive and proactive action management for private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments. Offering full-stack visibility from physical, virtual, and cloud infrastructure – including virtual machines (VMs) and containers – to the applications they support, vRealize Operations provides continuous performance optimization, efficient capacity and cost planning and management, app-aware intelligent remediation, and integrated compliance.
VMware vRealize Operations is now available as on-premises software that customers deploy in their data centers (vRealize Operations) or as a SaaS subscription (vRealize Operations Cloud). Customers can reap many benefits by using vRealize Operations, including:
- Increased efficiency with AI-powered operations management for applications and infrastructure
- Improved performance with continuous optimization and verification that enables automatic workload placement and balancing based on business and operational needs
- Reduced cost with efficient capacity management that enables optimal workload consolidation, proactive planning, and procurement
VMware vRealize Network Insight and vRealize Network Insight Cloud
VMware vRealize Network Insight is a powerful network visibility and planning tool that delivers intelligent operations for software-defined networking and security. It helps customers build an optimized, highly available, and secure network infrastructure across private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments. It accelerates application discovery, migration, network segmentation planning, and deployment; enables visibility across virtual and physical networks; and provides operational views to manage and scale VMware NSX, VMware SD-WAN, and many other deployments.
VMware vRealize Network Insight is now available as on-premises software that customers deploy in their data centers (vRealize Network Insight) or as a SaaS subscription (vRealize Network Insight Cloud). Customers can reap many benefits by using vRealize Network Insight, including:
- Comprehensive understanding of VMware stack network environment on Azure VMware Solution, including connections to VMware solutions like NSX, VMware SD-WAN, as well as many industry solutions like firewalls, load balancers, switches, and routers
- Machine learning (ML)-powered flow-based application discovery capabilities for mapping application dependencies and boundaries
- Recommendations for network and application security policies
- Pairing with VMware HCX to automate application grouping for cloud migration phases
- Establishing network innocence and troubleshooting issues like application latency and improvements to end-user performance
- Proactive custom alerts and analytics to understand outliers, exceeding dynamic thresholds, and monitoring of specific traffic metrics
- Latest in application-aware intelligent management that can predict, prevent, and troubleshoot applications issues in the Azure VMware Solution environment
Read this technical blog to explore further how VMware vRealize Cloud management supports Azure VMware Solution. Visit VMware vRealize Cloud Management site and Azure VMware Solution site to learn more about these respective solutions.