Great news for managed service providers looking to leverage VMware Cloud on AWS for small to mid-sized enterprises. VMware Cloud Director service is now available in North America, delivering new flexibility, agility, consistency, and customization for MSPs who want to offer multi-tenancy.
VMware Cloud on AWS provides a platform for running customers’ enterprise workloads of today and tomorrow. This seamlessly integrated hybrid cloud solution extends on-premises vSphere environments to a VMware Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) running on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) bare-metal infrastructure – all fully integrated with AWS. Customers big and small can take advantage of the VMware Cloud on AWS service, which is available across 17 AWS Regions worldwide, including a special controlled instance running in AWS GovCloud (US).
In March, we announced several new capabilities around migrating and modernizing with VMware Cloud on AWS. More recently, we introduced the new advanced operations management capabilities supporting VMware Cloud on AWS with VMware vRealize Operations.
Now, we are very excited to announce the availability of VMware Cloud Director (initially in North America). This service delivers multi-tenancy to VMware Cloud on AWS for managed service providers (MSPs). , enabling them to offer bite-sized pools of VMware Cloud on AWS resources in an asset-light, pay-as-you-grow model to better align with the needs of small to mid-size enterprises.
Here are the key benefits of the Cloud Director service for MSPs
- Flexibility: Slice and dice VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC resources into multi-tenanted resource pools with fine-grained control of resource allocation. You can support different consumption models, too.
- Agility: Quickly implement changes to resource pools across hosts and pair regions providing geo-expansion and fast adaptation to changing customer requirements.
- Consistency: Accelerate time-to-market by reducing the operational overhead with familiar management and a consistent experience for end customers, from public cloud resources to partner-managed datacenters.
- Customizability: Provide their target customers with a custom branded user experience.
The VMware Cloud Director service is offered to VMware MSPs through our centralized service provisioning portal, VMware Cloud Provider Hub. Here, MSPs can transact, deploy, and provision VMware SaaS offerings from a single pane of glass. VMware Cloud Director is a critical component of the VMware Cloud Provider Platform and has provided multi-tenanted IaaS and application service delivery for VMware cloud providers for nearly a decade.
That brings us to the end of our update. Stay tuned for more.
Note: The information in this blog post is for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into any contract. To view the latest status of features for VMware Cloud on AWS, visit: https://cloud.vmware.com/vmc-aws/roadmap. Refer to the release notes VMware Cloud on AWS release notes for updates.
For other information related to VMware Cloud Director service and VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some more learning resources for you:
- To find out more information please head over to www.vmwww.vmware.com/go/clouddirectorservice
- Listen to a podcast on this topic here: http://cloudspotpodcast.com/episodes/14
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Learn about features and capabilities of VMware Cloud on AWS in this Evaluation Guide.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Hands-on Lab for a first-hand immersive experience
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes on continuing updates
- Read Technical Guides on Operations, Applications, and Performance.
- Explore Feature Walkthroughs of Deployment, Configuration, Networking, and more.