It was a fantastic Cloud Field Day 7 event this week with lot of deep dive technical information shared by our experts. If some of you missed this opportunity to watch these sessions live, no worries. We have these session recordings available for you on-demand so that you can watch those as per your convenience.
In Cloud Field Day 7 sessions, VMware experts presented technical deep-dive content on various topics under VMware Cloud on AWS that will help customers accelerate their migration and modernization journey. There were some demos and live Q&A with the industry experts as well.
Here are the recorded sessions for you:
1. VMware Cloud on AWS: Vision and Overview
Get a brief overview of VMware Cloud on AWS with some latest updates and peek into the roadmap.
Speaker: Narayan Bharadwaj.VP, Product Management, VMware
2. VMware Cloud on AWS: Network Connectivity Deep Dive
Understand the network prerequisites for creating your first SDDC on VMware Cloud on AWS, network connectivity options (VPN, DX, TGW), and other key networking considerations.
Speaker: Ron Fuller, Sr. Technical Product Manager, VMware
3. VMware Cloud on AWS: Data Center Extension and the Hybrid Cloud Deep Dive and Demo
Understand the key features and capabilities of the Data Center extension use case as it pertains to the hybrid cloud. Discover how Hybrid Linked Mode (HLM) and the vCenter Gateway appliance provide more capabilities for extending your on-premises data center to the cloud.
Speaker: Jeremiah Megie, Sr. Technical Marketing Architect, VMware
4. VMware Cloud on AWS: Cloud Migration Deep Dive and Demo
Discuss key considerations and options for migrating workloads to the cloud. Get a brief overview of out of the box migration methods followed by a deep dive and demo into the additional options and features VMware HCX provides.
Speakers: Jeremiah Megie, Sr. Technical Marketing Architect, VMware
Emad Younis, Staff Cloud Architect, VMware
5. Virtual Desktops with VMware Cloud on AWS and VMware Horizon 7
This session introduces Horizon 7 virtual desktop and application platform and how it can be deployed on VMware Cloud on AWS. By leveraging the same Horizon 7 platform both on-premises and on VMware Cloud on AWS, customers can leverage the same tools and workflows as they go from on-premises to the cloud. Optionally, they can easily build their own hybrid VDI cloud for extending their existing on-premises VDI deployment or providing business continuity and disaster recovery capability for their primary VDI deployment
Speaker: Angela Ge, Sr. Product Line Manager, VMware
6. VMware Site Recovery- DRaaS on VMware Cloud on AWS
Learn how to use VMware Site Recovery for VMware Cloud on AWS to provide orchestrated disaster recovery capabilities. This session will consist of an overview and technical walkthrough of the VMware Site Recovery DRaaS offering through a demo.
Speaker: Cato Grace, Sr. Technical Marketing Architect, VMware
7. Use VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus to deploy Kubernetes and containers on VMware Cloud on AWS
Learn how to deploy Kubernetes clusters on VMware Cloud on AWS with VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus. This session will go over the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Plus architecture and core concepts along with a technical introduction on automated multi-cluster operations, integrated platform services and the alignment to open source technologies.
Speaker: Kendric Coleman, Sr. Technical Product Line Manager, VMware
8. Enrich applications running in VMware Cloud on AWS environment by integrating those with native AWS cloud services
Understand how you can enrich existing enterprise applications running in VMware Cloud on AWS by integrating those with high-bandwidth, low latency connectivity to a broad range of native AWS services such as EFS, FSx, S3, Lambda, Redshift, Aurora, IoT Core, SageMaker etc.
Speaker: Aarthi Raju, Principal Solution Architect, AWS
9. Introducing the application and open source marketplace for VMware Cloud on AWS
VMware Cloud Marketplace enables customers to discover and deploy validated, third-party solutions to maximize their investment in VMware platforms. Learn how customers can leverage and deploy over 150+ ISV solutions and Bitnami-packaged open-source solutions on VMware Cloud on AWS.
Speaker: Neeharika Palaka. Manager-Product Marketing and strategy, VMware
If you would like to learn more about VMware Cloud on AWS, here are some learning resources for you and you can get started now with VMware Cloud on AWS by purchasing the service via web here.
- Looking to better understand VMware’s unique approach to multi-cloud architecture? Get the definitive guide here.
- You can learn more about our VMware Cloud on AWS service at the VMware Cloud on AWS website or by viewing VMware Cloud on AWS: Overview.
- Follow us on Twitter @vmwarecloudaws and give us a shout with #VMWonAWS.
- Watch informative demos, overview videos, webinars and hear from our customers: VMware Cloud on AWS on YouTube.
- Try the VMware Cloud on AWS Lightening Lab for a first-hand immersive experience.
- Read our latest VMware Cloud on AWS blogs.
- Obtain the VMware Cloud on AWS Solution Brief and VMware Cloud on AWS TCO 1-pager.
- Follow the VMware Cloud on AWS release notes on continuing updates.
- Visit VMware Cloud Tech Zone for technical articles, guides, videos and more.
- Explore Feature Walkthroughs of Deployment, Configuration, Networking, and more.
- Listen to latest episodes of VMware Cloud on AWS Unplugged Podcast