VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.2 is GA as of April 14, 2021 providing key enhancements for customers using earlier software versions and want to utilize the skip-level upgrade tool. Customers can upgrade from VMware Cloud Foundation 126.96.36.199 (sequential upgrade) or from previous releases (as early as VMware Cloud Foundation 3.5) via skip-level upgrade. Note that VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.2 cannot be deployed as a new release (refer to release notes for more information).
- Skip-Level upgrade tool enhancements include:
- Improvements in prechecks, help and error messages, and guardrails.
- Improvement to the offline upgrade bundle download and upload method.
- Advanced options to download specific upgrade bundles and verify bundle availability.
- Details of available bundles for an upgrade and list of missing bundles before starting an upgrade.
- Integrity checks on upgrade bundle file size after downloading from the depot and before uploading to the SDDC Manager.
- Options to mitigate file permission issues. Single tool to upgrade to VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.2 and VMware Cloud Foundation 188.8.131.52.
- Enterprise PKS Deployment: Starting from VMware Cloud Foundation 3.10.2, Enterprise PKS (TKGi) cannot be deployed from SDDC Manager.
- BOM Updates for the 3.10.2 Release: Updated Bill of Materials with new product versions
Documentation and Links:
VCF 3.10.2 Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/3.10.2/rn/VMware-Cloud-Foundation-3102-Release-Notes.html
VCF 3.10.2 on DELL EMC VxRail Release Notes: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Cloud-Foundation/3.10.2/rn/vmware-cloud-foundation-on-dell-emc-vxrail-23-release-notes.html
Bundle Transfer Utility & Skip Level Upgrade Tool Download Link: https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/downloads/details?downloadGroup=VCF3102_TOOLS&productId=1001