On April 6th 2017, we released VMware Cloud Foundation 2.1.2 as a minor patch release. As a patch release, you’ll notice that the release notes are abbreviated and that the content of the VMware Cloud Foundation 2.1.1 release notes also applies to this release.
The patch bundle is now available through the Lifecycle Management feature in VMware Cloud Foundation’s SDDC Manager.
VMware Cloud Foundation’s lifecycle management is configured to communicate with directly with the software repository through your My VMware account and allows you to perform automated updates and upgrades across the platform’s management components (SDDC Manager, Hardware Management Services, and the Lifecycle Management Services) as well as the Software-Defined Data Center components – vSphere, vSAN, and NSX.
What’s New in 2.1.2?
This patch release includes:
- An update to VMware NSX for vSphere 6.2.6 (from 6.2.4)
- An update to VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 (from 6.0 P04)
- An update from VMware ESXi 6.0 Update 3 to ESXi600-201703401-SG Security Patch
- Support for the VMware vRealize Operation 6.2.1 Apache Strut Vulnerability Security Patch
The software bill of materials remains the sames as 2.1.1 except for these updates listed above.
VMware Cloud Foundation 2.1.2 can be applied only to a 2.1.1 deployment through the following update paths:
- 2.0 to 2.1 to 2.1.1 to 2.1.2
- 2.1 to 2.1.1 to 2.1.2
- 2.1.1 to 2.1.2