If you have lived or worked in Silicon Valley or any other tech hub in the United States, then the following statement may ring close to home: Specific engineering positions have been ranked among the hardest jobs to fill in America.
At VMware, we believe in fostering a culture of innovation where people can bring their whole selves to work and expect to thrive as a result. It’s not just about matching technical skills to job requirements. It’s about building a community within our company. It’s about empowering our 18,000+ passionate employees to pursue their ambitions and disrupt the technology industry.
We are hardworking and tenacious in our approach to bring about the next generation of VMware. This is evident when you look at the type of people we hire and our specific approach to bring on board the best and brightest talent to our community.
For VMware’s kernel teams, we’re looking for engineers interested in operating systems, systems software and distributed systems. Engineers that will design and implement novel operating systems techniques and algorithms for ESXi. These individuals will work with various kernel teams across the company to design and deliver new functionality, mainly targeted for virtualization workloads.
Having taken an Operating Systems course is a definite need to hit the ground running with our kernel teams; a deeper dive into the advanced class will provide an advantage for individuals to think outside the box. Project work is a great foundation, and the ability to articulate the project takeaways and how they benefit the team is a major plus.
For more information on our latest Kernel opportunity for new graduates, see below:
Member of Technical Staff – Kernel Engineering http://bit.ly/1KEsZy4
Requirements for the Position:
- Pursuing MS or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, or a BS with a strong operating systems background
- Strong C programming skills
- Excellent understanding of operating system concepts and kernel components
- Experience with low-level / kernel-level code development
- Familiarity with kernel performance analysis and optimization
Nice to Haves for the Position:
- Knowledge of x86 assembler, C++, Java, Perl, Python and other programming languages a plus
- Experience with SMP, memory and CPU power management, multi-tasking, device drivers a plus
- Good understanding of modern Intel and AMD x86-based processor architectures a plus
- Familiarity with one or more virtualization platforms a plus
- Understanding of distributed system concepts a plus
Learn more about this exciting opportunity and discover how you can make your mark at VMware today. http://bit.ly/1KEsZy4
Learn more about the workplace culture at VMware, see pictures of our offices, connect with our team, and get real time job openings by following us on our social pages: