Hear from members of the Global Support Services Team as they discuss what life is like on the GSS Team, the VMware culture, and the type of individual who could make a positive impact within this dynamic group.
The Global Support Services Team is looking to bring on individuals for two key roles within the group. You may fit one of the below profiles:
Engineers support over 6,000 companies running VMware servers in over 100 different countries. They support the entire suite of VMware products for global customers and partners, interfacing with them via the phone, email, and web. They resolve customer technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting utilizes system administration, networking, and storage skills. Managers of Technical Support are responsible for managing highly skilled technical support teams. They work closely with our Technical Support Management team, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
- Trouble shooting and database tuning (postgresql.conf) experience with PostgreSQL Database on Linux
- Strong PostgreSQL or other Database Administration Experience
- Strong Linux System Administration Skills
- Cloud and VMW Virtualization Domain Knowledge (Networking, Storage and Basic Configuration)
- Experience in Supporting Web/Tiered Applications
- Operational DBA Monitoring experience
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience in Performance troubleshooting
- JDBC/ODBC/.NET database access knowledge
- PHP/Python/Ruby database access knowledge
- Database development experience
- Performance Tuning experience
- Knowledge of database internals for PostgreSQL or other databases
-Development DBA Experience (real PG questions to ADB TSE),Web Application Development Support Experience
– Drive customer satisfaction of by expediting the resolution of all service issues by conducting log analysis, reproduction work and engaging external and internal resources as required.
– Proactively escalate customer issues and work with Sales, CPD, PSE, PM to assign appropriate priority.
– Providing high quality Live Answer technical support to program account base.
– Provide onsite support if required.
– Complete a formal root cause analysis for resolved issues at customer request.
– Complete KB articles for all resolved issues.
– Provide best effort support for customers operating on/in unsupported configurations.
– Retain ownership of customer issue from creation to closure.
– Assist customer outside of normal business hours if required.
- Facilitate the on boarding process of new accounts by leading the initial engagement meetings.
- Complete comprehensive site profile documents ensuring the customer’s VMware infrastructure and architecture is documented.
- Manage account document repository ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Proactively notify the customer on a weekly basis with product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates that relate to their environment.
- Review customers change management process / documents for gaps against know best practices.
- Assist the customer with support planning, upgrade and maintenance updates by providing input to implementation plan and alerting peer center of upcoming change.
- Conduct weekly or monthly case reviews to identify issue trends and opportunities for corrective actions
- Work with greater VMware Account Management team to ensure overall customer satisfaction with Global Support Services Qualifications.
– Recommended 5+ years of Technical Support Industry experience
– Strong customer advocacy and relationship building skills.
– Strong technical writing skills.
– Strong verbal communication, project management and problem solving skills.
– Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
– The ability to analyze and determine the most effective method of problem resolution by utilizing applicable internal resources.
– Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
– Foundation level knowledge in VMware ESX and Virtual Center products.
-Comprehensive knowledge in more than three of the following technologies:
o Microsoft Operating Systems
o Storage Arrays or Appliances
o Networking, TCP/IP, DNS
Have questions or interested in a role, reach out to Jessica via her social links below.
Jessica Thomson is a Recruiter at VMware within the Global Support Services organization. She has been with the company for almost a year recruiting on technical roles. A few of the roles she recruits for are Technical Support, Development, and Project/Program Managers.
Find Jessica Thomson Stutes on:
Current Global Support Services job openings: http://ow.ly/8CXvk
Search all our open positions worldwide: http://jobs.vmware.com
Connect with us at VMware Careers: http://www.vmware.com/careers
Join our Talent Community and let us find jobs for you!
Learn more about the workplace culture at VMware, see pics of our offices, talk to recruiters, and get real time job openings by following us on our social pages: