The COVID-19 pandemic has challenged the way organizations operate, manage workforces, serve the needs and support the demands of customers across the globe. For many businesses, it meant implementing changes to the way they operate – and in a very short timeframe. There’s no doubt that this experience will have a lasting impact on the way we work in the future.
For those who are actively looking to maintain or bring back some level of “business as usual”, we’ve rounded up the latest resources from VMware on business continuity during unprecedented times – from the shift to remote-first working to remote IT practices, zero-trust security considerations, hybrid and multi-cloud VDI and apps, and even employee engagement.
End-User Computing and Digital Workspaces:
- Workspace ONE Powers Critical Communications During Unexpected Events
- 11 Secrets for Successful “Remote-First” Working
- Empowering a Remote Workforce for Business Continuity with Hybrid and Multi-Cloud VDI and Apps
- What to Do If You Suddenly Have to Support 80% of Users Working Remotely
- Keeping IT Security Front and Center When Planning for Business Continuity: Workspace ONE
- The Most Important Piece of Business Continuity: Your People and Their Experiences
- Can BYOD Help in a Pandemic?
Desktop and App Lifecycle Management:
- Differences Between Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery: How VMware Horizon Can Help with Both
- How to Solve Near-Term Business Continuity Concerns with Horizon
- Achieve your Business Continuity Goals using Horizon Cloud on IBM Cloud
Register and check out more on VMware’s upcoming webcasts on extending workloads to the cloud, delivering a virtual desktop infrastructure and apps for remote workers, and getting your employees up and running quickly while they are working from home.
To learn more about how VMware Canada helps businesses and the public sector with continuity and disaster response, visit https://www.vmware.com/ca.html.