VMworld is here! The packed schedule today starts with our CEO, Pat Gelsinger, who will present the general session, “Competitive Advantage in the Multi-Cloud Era – Connecting People, Apps & Data to Propel your Business Forward”.
If you are still working out what breakout sessions to attend this afternoon, you shouldn’t miss these two sessions from VMware customers who are going through their own multi-cloud transformation and have built out strategies to transform their organization for the digital era.
American Tire Distributors: Our Journey to a Modern Private Cloud
Monday, August 30th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
As an organization experiencing rapid growth, American Tire Distributors (ATD) recognized the need to modernize their infrastructure platform to support the changing needs of their business.
Starting with a holistic assessment of their IT organization across people, process and technology, ATD worked with VMware to create an actionable and collaborative roadmap for the modernization of their private cloud.
Join ATD’s VP of IT Operations, Ravi Ramaraj, as he shares his experiences and practical advice across:
- Value found in starting with an actionable assessment
- Establishing a strategy and plan for SDDC transformation
- Modernizing their data center
- Adopting a service oriented IT model with defined services, automation and security
Sun Trust’s Cloud Journey: IaaS, PaaS and Beyond
Monday, August 30th, 3:30 PM – 4:30 PM
How can a Southern Bank compete with Wall Street? They need to be fast, agile, and drive a culture of innovation and change.
SunTrust has built an environment that will create immense value to its customers by delivering on a vision of a stable and efficient cloud that enables its development team to build world-class applications.
Listen to Bryan Clements, Senior Vice President of Sun Trust, discuss how he has created an internal focus on innovation and testing new ideas to help their customers. Bryan will discuss:
- His vision of the multi-year transformation journey that he is enabling and how the new wave of applications are creating opportunities for his business.
- The operational efficiencies needed to build their forward compatible cloud, and the value of the developer-focused model.
- How a DevOps model is influencing the culture changes needed to drive this type of platform.