Following the last videos showing an introduction to PowerCLI and Reporting in PowerCLI there is now a new video that takes you through managing the virtual machine lifecycle with PowerCLI, these videos are a fantastic, quick way to learn PowerCLI tips and tricks.
Administrators are no longer responsible for managing single digit servers, they now have hundreds or even thousands to maintain. The automation capabilities of PowerCLI allow you to manage the lifecycle of a single virtual machine, or a large number of virtual machines, by using custom scripts.
Every stage of the virtual machine lifecycle, from creation and modification to migration and deletion, can be automated with just a few lines of PowerCLI code. What’s more, the number of virtual machines that you are managing, has no significant impact on the complexity of the PowerCLI scripts that you need to use.
This latest video shows how to perform the following tasks easily:
- Create a single VM
- Deploy a VM from a Template
- Deploy a VM using a customization specification
- Deploying VMs from a CSV file into multiple folders
- Change resources assigned to a VM (CPU/Mem)
- Move a large number of VMs from one network to another
- Move VMs to a new folder
- vMotion VMs between hosts
- Storage vMotion VMs to a new datastore
- Remove Virtual Machines
All this in under 5 minutes!
Watch the video