With all the recent announcements around vSphere 5.1 you probably didn’t see the updated release of vCenter Server Heartbeat v6.5.
The following information provides highlights of some of the enhancements available in this release of vCenter Server Heartbeat 6.5
Note: The features available depend on the version of vCenter Server installed.
- Support for vCenter Server 5.1 — This release of VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat now provides support for vCenter Server 5.1
- Support for VIEW Composer 3.0 — This release of VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat now provides support for VIEW Composer 3.0 deployed local to vCenter Server or separate.
- Enhanced Setup — This release of VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat provides for more automation during setup resulting in fewer user steps and easier configuration.
- Administer VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat via vSphere Web Client — You can now install a vSphere Web Client Plug-in to administer VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat directly from the vSphere Web Client Heartbeat tab.
- Network Isolation — VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat now provides a safeguard to prevent Split-brain in the event of loss of both channel and public visibility of the active server.
- vCenter Role Based Permissions — The vCenter Server Heartbeat vSphere Web Client supports View Only and Administrator roles.
- Editing Protected Services — vCenter Server Heartbeat Console now allows you to perform a single operation to configure the actions to take upon failure for all protected services.
- Support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 — This release of VMware vCenter Server Heartbeat provides support for Microsoft SQL Server 2012.