With all of the hype and buzz around VMworld San Francisco, it may be easy to forget that VMworld Barcelona is right around the corner! This year’s show will be held October 14th to October 17th at Fira Barcelona Gran Via, in Barcelona, and we’re excited to report that the vCloud team will be on-site again at the event, live-tweeting sessions, providing live photos from the show floor, and holding our popular #vTrivia contest to give VMworld Barcelona attendees the chance to win VMware swag and other prizes!
Here’s a rundown of what to expect at VMworld Barcelona 2013:
The Solutions Exchange
If you’re seeking the latest in virtualization and cloud computing solutions, the Solutions Exchange is the place to be.
At VMware Barcelona, there will be 4 stations on the floor to demo VMware’s vCloud Hybrid Service, the fastest path to cloud.
Be sure to visit VMware booth, where attendees will have the chance to demo the latest and greatest VMware technology and see VMware solutions in action. On top of this, the VMware booth will also feature live presentations and an Expert Bar for any of your VMware-related questions. You don’t want to miss this opportunity!
VMworld Solutions Exchange Schedule:
Tuesday, October 15th, 11:00 – 19:30
Wednesday, October 16th, 11:00 – 19:00
Thursday, October 17th, 10:30 – 16:00
Sessions We’ll Be Live-Tweeting
Understandably, not everybody will be able to attend VMworld, or fit in every session. Not to worry, as the vCloud Team will be live-tweeting highlights from key Public and Hybrid Cloud sessions via the @vCloud handle! Check out what’s on our session agenda:
vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Program Sessions
- PHC5070 – vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part One of Five: vCloud Hybrid Service: Architecture and Principles
- PHC5409 – vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part Two of Five: vCloud Hybrid Service: Networking and Security Basics
- PHC5488 – vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part Three of Five: vCloud Hybrid Service: Advanced Networking and Security
- PHC5045 – vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part Four of Five: Identifying and Deploying Workloads in vCloud Hybrid Service
- PHC5561 – vCloud Hybrid Service Jump Start Part Five of Five: Deep Dive into Hybrid Cloud Management
During VMworld US, Mathew Lodge’s Spotlight Session on the vCloud Hybrid Service was one of the most popular and highly attended sessions at the show! In case you missed out, don’t worry – Mathew will be repeating this VMworld U.S. session favorite at VMworld Barcelona, and we want to invite our EMEA audience to submit your toughest questions around the vCloud Hybrid Service, which Mathew will address during the session!
- PHC5605-S – Everything You Want to Know About vCloud Hybrid Service But Were Afraid to Ask
Submit any questions you may have in this form and it could be answered during the session:
Other Key Sessions
- PHC4750 – How to Build a Hybrid Cloud in Less than a Day with Chris Colotti and David Hill
- PHC5730 – vCloud Hybrid Service 101: The Basics with Tony Brockman
Looking to learn more about the vCloud Hybrid Service? Try it out firsthand during these vCloud Hybrid Service Hands-On Labs in between sessions:
- HOL-HBD1301 – vCloud Hybrid Service – Jump Start for vSphere Admins
- HOL-HBD1302 – vCloud Hybrid Service – Networking and Security
- HOL-HBD1303 – vCloud Hybrid Service – Manage Your Cloud
During VMworld Barcelona, we will be holding our popular #vTrivia contest! We’ve held #vTrivia the last 3 years during the VMworld U.S. show, and this year, we’re happy to bring the contest to Europe!
Here are some lucky winners from VMworld San Francisco:
Here’s how to play:
- Follow us on twitter at the @vCloud handle and keep an eye out for any trivia questions posted with the #vTrivia hashtag.
- #vTrivia questions will concern major VMworld announcements and key highlights from popular sessions and events.
- Think you know the answer? @reply us at @vCloud and make sure that your tweets contain the #vTrivia hashtag.
Winners will be chosen based on accuracy of response and time submitted. Participants have the chance to win great prizes – this year, our #vTrivia winners at VMworld San Francisco took home VMware blankets, VMware styluses, pens, Starbucks gift cards and more!
VMworld is more than just sessions and hands-on labs – it’s a great opportunity to network with old friends and colleagues, as well as make new ones! See some of the chances to socialize and talk with your peers:
Tuesday, October 15th, 17:30 – 19:30
Come to the VMworld welcome reception, held at the VMworld Solutions Exchange. Here, you’ll be able to mingle with fellow cloud computing/virtualization enthusiasts over food and drinks.
Wednesday, October 16th, 20:00 – 24:00
The VMworld Party is the one of the most anticipated events of VMworld! Always a great time, you will want to be sure to join the festivities. More details will be released as the event comes closer, but this is another can’t miss event.
VMworld Barcelona is right around the corner. Follow us on @vCloud for the latest updates around VMworld and the vCloud Hybrid Service, and we look forward to seeing you in Barcelona!