Analysts predict that 2013 will see continued increase in enterprise cloud adoption, but we want to know – is your organization ready to take the leap from virtualization to the cloud? Oftentimes people confuse virtualization as being synonymous with cloud computing, but virtualization is actually just a crucial first step in achieving the full range of business benefits that cloud computing offers within a Software Defined Datacenter.
For our next #cloudtalk on Tuesday, February 19th at 11am PT, we’d like to invite our service providers, partners, and the larger cloud community to share your personal experiences in moving your organization, or your customers, from virtualization to the cloud within a Software Defined Data Center. What are the main challenges organizations face when moving from virtualization to cloud? What applications are best suited for a cloud environment? We plan to discuss these questions and more during the one-hour chat.
Co-hosting the chat with us will be Kurt Milne (@kurtmilne), Director of Cloud Ops Marketing at VMware and co-author of the book, “Visible Ops Private Cloud: From Virtualization to Private Cloud in 4 Practical Steps,” as well as Bryan Bond (@VMjedi), Senior Systems Administrator at eMeter, one of our Another VMware Cloud customers. Kurt and Bryan will be on the chat to answer questions and share best practices and their personal experiences on moving from virtualization to the cloud.
Here’s how to participate in #cloudtalk:
- Follow the #cloudtalk hashtag (via TweetChat, TweetGrid, TweetDeck or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- On Tuesday, February 19th at 11am PT, @vCloud will pose a few questions using the #cloudtalk hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #cloudtalk hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #cloudtalk. Engage!
- #cloudtalk should last about an hour.
- RSVP for #cloudtalk on our twtvite!
In the meantime, feel free to tweet at us (@vCloud) with any questions. Look forward to having you join us on Tuesday the 19th for #cloudtalk!