VMware’s ecosystem of partners has grown exponentially in the last year, and it is the company’s goal to provide all of its partners with the tools they need to be successful in selling their service offerings. When it comes to the relationship between VMware Service and Solution Providers, we believe these two business models power the VMware cloud opportunity and together contribute to the “vCloud Ecosystem Advantage.”
What is the vCloud Ecosystem Advantage? By partnering together, Service and Solution Providers can combine their efforts to best meet the needs of hosting customers – with Service Providers offering Solution Providers scale and reliability, geographic reach (data centers) and lower costs through their vCloud-based infrastructure, and Solution Providers serving as trusted advisors to customers, offering customized solutions based on their business needs.
The partnership between Uniserver (a provider of VMware vCloud Powered services) and Kembit (a VMware Solution Provider) exemplifies how VMware Service and Solution Providers can work together in harmony, as together they successfully deliver managed services to Dutch hosting customers. Uniserver first started out selling Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) directly to customers. While Uniserver is proficient at delivering their IaaS solutions, they wanted to find a partner who was equally proficient at dealing with the OS (operating system) and the application layer.
In the video below, Hugo van Diepen, Co-Founder of Uniserver, and Wouter van Loon, Director of Services at Kembit, share how partnering together has enabled the two companies to focus on their core competencies and deliver better solutions to customers:
Best Practices for Service and Solution Providers Partnering Together
- Commit to pursuing the ‘Strategic Selling’ of VMware hybrid cloud models.
- Create a ‘Strategic Sell’ strategy to be used in partnership with VMware Solution Providers.
- Commit to a partnership with a top Solution Provider, and commit to the required sales, marketing and technical resources to support joint success. It is imperative to partner at all levels of the organization.
- Be willing to train and provide bonuses to sales and pre-sales teams to support Solution Providers in selling cloud services.
- Ideal: Create sales templates to help Solution Providers design customized hybrid cloud services.
- Commit to building a cloud practice and proactively sell cloud services to clients.
- Commit to evolve the resale portion of the business model from one-time to re-occurring revenues.
- Commit to a partnership with a top Service Provider, and commit to the required sales, marketing and technical resources to support joint success. It is imperative to partner at all levels of the organization.
- Be willing to train to and provide bonuses to sales and pre-sales teams on how to sell cloud services.
- Ideal: Have direct experience as to the benefits of the cloud.