vCAT is a reference library of design considerations, decisions, and patterns. It includes examples and theory.
With vCAT we have taken a VCDX approach to provided justifications, impact, and success criteria. You will also find in this release an update to vCloud maximums to help with determining sizing.
To enable you we have activities at VMworld including:
- Theater Presentations (10 minute sessions at the VMware booth)
– vCAT Overview
- Breakout Sessions
- vCAT card with details on the release and supporting breakout sessions
- Demo booth where we will
– show the contents,
– answer questions,
– demonstrate the Webworks and reverb interfaces
– online web based access
– global search across all nine documents
– translation capabilities
– PDF generation
- Related Hands On Labs that are covered in the vCAT Overview breakout session
We are also planning on VMware TV broadcasts to get you up to speed on how to use vCAT and the contents.
With the 700+ pages across nine documents, there is a lot of valuable information. With the search and translate capabilities we have extended accessibility. We have received requests to offer printed versions of this material and would like to know if you would be interested in this being offered through VMware Press.
We also look for your feedback to help us enable you and to continue to expand our audience.
John Arrasjid, Principal Architect, VCDX-001