As we’re winding down the year, planning is well underway for the next big releases of Fusion and Fusion Pro.
With me being new to the role of being responsible for the entirety of the Fusion experience, all the way from initial awareness to buying, using and getting support, I’m working on a multi-year plan of how we’re going to take Fusion into the future.
I personally think it would be wrong of me to do this without hearing from our users and the community. I’ve always wanted to do right by our users, and I hope that giving you a forum to voice your thoughts underscores our commitment to ‘do the right thing’.
The world has been changing since Apple first brought OS X to x86, allowing us to do this amazing thing called Virtualization. But with changing times people are using Fusion for a variety of different reasons that we may not have originally thought of.
So, I’d like to use this thread as a forum to get direct feedback from you on what you think Fusion could do next.
- Let’s hear about how you use Fusion and what else might help make that experience even better.
- Let’s hear about what Fusion doesn’t do today that would make your lives easier.
- Let’s hear about what Fusion does that drives you crazy!
- Do you deploy Fusion en-masse in the office? What can we do better for this use case? (and did you know about Horizon FLEX??)
- Do you build software using Fusion? How can we make that a more productive and joyful experience?
Lastly, I just want to say thank you to all of our users. It’s been a great year for us, and for me personally. I’m immensely proud of what the team here has been able to deliver over the years, and we couldn’t be more excited to take things to the next level with you by our side.
Here’s a link to the community thread to continue the discussion
(Please note comments have been disabled on this post, please join the discussion in the VMware Communities linked above)
Save 25% on licenses and upgrades of Fusion 7 and Fusion 7 Pro during our March Savings Sale.
VMware Fusion 7 Pro
- BUY Fusion 7 Pro and get 25% off
- UPGRADE to Fusion 7 Pro from Fusion 5 or 6 or Fusion 5 or 6 Professional and get 25% off
VMware Fusion 7
- BUY Fusion 7 and get 25% off
- UPGRADE to Fusion 7 from Fusion 5 or 6 and get 25% off
Hurry—This offer ends on March 27th at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
We’re pleased and excited to announce the worldwide release of VMware Fusion 7 and VMware Fusion 7 Pro.
VMware Fusion 7
Fusion 7 is recommended for new and existing Mac users who want to continue using critical Windows applications. New features include:
- Designed for OS X Yosemite – Adopting Yosemite’s key design cues such as translucency in windows, streamlined toolbars and simplified Dock icon, Fusion 7 adds more dimension when managing virtual machines. It also leverages Yosemite’s control features to ensure a consistent experience across the operating system.
- Powerful Virtual Machines and Graphics – Create virtual machines with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and up to 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding applications. Graphics-intensive applications can now be given an additional boost by allocating up to 2 GB of video memory per virtual machine.
- Designed for the Latest Macs – Optimized for the latest Intel Core i5, i7 and Xeon E5 processors, Fusion 7 delivers up to 43% improvements in CPU-intensive operations like multimedia, encryption and decryption, and other strenuous performance tests. Leveraging the Mac’s faster memory, faster SSD performance and greater power under the hood, Fusion 7 lets you run Windows applications at near-native performance.
- Increased Efficiency – Fusion 7 reduces its energy impact on Macs to help users do more on a single charge. Improvements in App Nap® support and reduction in Idle Wake Ups ensure that every watt of power coming out of your Mac’s battery is used as efficiently as possible. Fusion 7 shows an energy impact reduction of up to 42% compared to VMware Fusion 6.
- Retina Display Optimization – Windows never looked so good with Retina Display optimization for a crisp and detailed experience of your Windows applications. If your Mac has a native Retina display or is connected to one, Fusion 7 ensures you get a seamless experience when running Windows across Retina and non-Retina displays.