We’re delighted to see the growth in Mac users resulting from Apple’s record sales of 5.5M Macs in their fiscal fourth quarter. That’s a 20%-plus increase over their last record-breaking quarter in 2011, when Apple sold 4.9M Macs. These sales numbers have moved Mac market share to its highest point since 1995.
For new (and existing) Mac users, VMware offers three great solutions that allow them use the Macs they love to run the Windows applications they can’t live without.
- VMware Fusion 7: for Mac users that want to continue to run essential Windows applications, Fusion 7 is the easiest, fastest and most reliable way to run Windows applications on a Mac without rebooting. Fusion 7 is optimized for the newest Macs and is ready for OS X Yosemite and Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and Windows 10 Technical Preview.
- VMware Fusion 7 Pro: for advanced users, developers, and QA engineers that want to use Macs, Fusion 7 Pro offers crucial features to enable them to create powerful virtual machines that run on Macs. Fusion 7 Pro provides unsurpassed platform compatibility, including the latest Microsoft operating systems and most recent Linux distributions. Fusion 7 Pro also allows IT admins to create Windows desktops for employees that want Macs but need to use business-critical Windows applications.
- VMware Horizon FLEX: for IT groups that need to accommodate Mac users, BYO users, contractors, and road warriors, Horizon FLEX provides a flexible solution for centrally creating, securing, deploying, and managing local Windows desktops.
We’re pleased and excited to announce the worldwide release of VMware Fusion 7 and VMware Fusion 7 Pro.
VMware Fusion 7
Fusion 7 is recommended for new and existing Mac users who want to continue using critical Windows applications. New features include:
- Designed for OS X Yosemite – Adopting Yosemite’s key design cues such as translucency in windows, streamlined toolbars and simplified Dock icon, Fusion 7 adds more dimension when managing virtual machines. It also leverages Yosemite’s control features to ensure a consistent experience across the operating system.
- Powerful Virtual Machines and Graphics – Create virtual machines with up to 16 vCPUs, 8 TB virtual disks, and up to 64 GB of memory to run the most demanding applications. Graphics-intensive applications can now be given an additional boost by allocating up to 2 GB of video memory per virtual machine.
- Designed for the Latest Macs – Optimized for the latest Intel Core i5, i7 and Xeon E5 processors, Fusion 7 delivers up to 43% improvements in CPU-intensive operations like multimedia, encryption and decryption, and other strenuous performance tests. Leveraging the Mac’s faster memory, faster SSD performance and greater power under the hood, Fusion 7 lets you run Windows applications at near-native performance.
- Increased Efficiency – Fusion 7 reduces its energy impact on Macs to help users do more on a single charge. Improvements in App Nap® support and reduction in Idle Wake Ups ensure that every watt of power coming out of your Mac’s battery is used as efficiently as possible. Fusion 7 shows an energy impact reduction of up to 42% compared to VMware Fusion 6.
- Retina Display Optimization – Windows never looked so good with Retina Display optimization for a crisp and detailed experience of your Windows applications. If your Mac has a native Retina display or is connected to one, Fusion 7 ensures you get a seamless experience when running Windows across Retina and non-Retina displays.