The NSX support team would like to inform partners about important KB updates for current NSX for vSphere issues. Partners interested in receiving more information about these NSX updates can find them at the following links.
Top 3 “need to know” issues:
- KB 2144769 – End of General Support for VMware NSX for vSphere 6.1.x has been extended by 3 months to January 15th, 2017.
This is to allow customers to have time to upgrade from NSX for vSphere 6.1.7, which contains an important security patch improving input validation of the system, to the latest 6.2.x release. For recommended upgrade paths, refer to the latest NSX for vSphere 6.2 Release Notes and the VMware Interoperability Matrix.
- KB 2141410 – Migration of Service VM (SVM) may cause ESXi host issues in VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x. See also the CAUTION statement in the 6.2.3 Administration Guide.
- Do not migrate the Service VM (SVM) manually (vMotion/SvMotion) to aother ESXi host in the cluster.
- The latest versions of vSphere 5.5 and 6.0 inhibit vMotion migration. However, storage vMotion is not blocked, and such movement may lead to unpredictable results on the destination host.
- KB 2144605 – vCenter 6.0 restart/reboot may result in duplicate VTEPs on VXLAN prepared ESX hosts. The NSX-side update to protect against this issue is available in 6.2.3. This issue will be resolved fully in a future version of vCenter.
- The top 20 NSX articles for May 2016 can be found here.
Critical new and changed documentation with 6.2.3 – see the NSX Documentation Center
- New and completely updated chapter on ID firewall
- Updated load balancer chapter with additional configuration examples
- New Upgrade Guides
- Upgrade from NSX 6.x
- Upgrade from NSX 6.x, cross-vC
- Upgrade from vCNS
- Upgrade from vCNS in a vCD environment
- Upgrade vShield Endpoint
- New Troubleshooting Guide
- New HW Gateway SDK Guide
- Overhauled NetX and EPsec SDK Guides
Critical new and changed KBs with 6.2.3
- KB 2122708, Troubleshooting NSX for vSphere Edge Load Balancer – updated for 6.2.3 with show service loadbalancer command to show all active sessions that are used globally per NSX Edge.
- KB 2125433, Troubleshooting VMware NSX Manager – updated for 6.2.3 with the new central CLI command to show and set the NSX Manager log level.
- KB 2140009, Troubleshooting NSX for vSphere 6.x Edge appliance – updated for 6.2.3 with show packet drops command to display additional drop counters.
- KB 2126671, Troubleshooting SSL VPN-Plus for VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x (2126671) – updated for 6.2.3 with SSL VPN logging being enabled by default.
- KB 2094261, Troubleshooting vShield Endpoint / NSX Guest Introspection (2094261) – updated for 6.2.3 with event log support and with architecture changes which are expected to reduce the number of interoperability issues with other drivers.
- KB 2123580, Troubleshooting IPSec VPN in NSX for vSphere 6.x (2123580) – updated for 6.2.3 with IPsec logging being enabled by default. This change ensures that issues are logged from the beginning when IPSec issues are encountered which drastically improves troubleshooting.
- KB 2125482, Troubleshooting Network and Security Service Insertion in NSX for vSphere 6.x – updated for 6.2.3 with a central CLI command to export NSX-related outputs and files in the ESXi host support bundle as well as trace flow support.
- KB 2125437 – NSX for vSphere 6.x Distributed Firewall (DFW) – updated for 6.2.3 with a central CLI command to export NSX-related outputs and files in the ESXi host support bundle.
- KB 2125767 – Troubleshooting NSX for vSphere 6.x Controllers
- KB 2126560 – Troubleshooting NSX Edge High Availability (HA) issues
How to track the top field issues:
- KB 2122691 – Troubleshooting VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x
- KB 2131154 – Trending issues and important information regarding VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x
- KB 2135498 – Trending issues and important information regarding VMware NSX for vSphere 6.x Controller
- NSX Support Center