Joining us at VMworld this week in Las Vegas? We’re excited to see you! Here on the ground as we set up, time seems to be moving extra slowly. The party’s about to start and the guests are on their way—but for now, we have to wait. (Talk to us Thursday as we wonder where all the time went!)
For our TAM customers, we’ve made sure there’s no limit to the opportunities to learn more about the latest in IT. Whether it’s your first, second, or tenth VMworld, you’re in for a whirlwind week. There’s a lot going on the next few days—plan wisely.
A TAM Customer with a Plan
Here’s a rundown of key VMworld moments:
- VMworld: Sunday, August 28–Thursday, September 1 at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Convention Center, Las Vegas
- TAM Customer Day: Sunday, August 28
- TAM Lounge: Monday, August 29–Thursday, September 1
- TAM Customer Central: Monday, August 29–Thursday, September 1
Now, you may have already registered for VMworld. But have you checked in with your TAM? We’ve got countless breakout sessions, deep dives, and panels planned, and your TAM can help orient you toward those events most relevant to your business.
This year, we’re continuing the VMworld tradition of TAM Customer Day. We’ll talk through your issues, work collaboratively to find resolutions, and introduce you to experts on VMware best practices. This year’s TAM Customer Day falls on Sunday, August 28, the day before VMworld starts.
Something for Everyone
This year, we’re bringing in VMware thought leaders for Office Hours at TAM Customer Central (TCC) Headquarters. Stop by, chat, and ask questions—we’re all ears. There really is something for everyone:
In the TAM Lounge and TCC:
- Troubleshooting Storage Performance in vSphere: Walk through the vSphere storage stack, configuration suggestions, and diagnostic advice.
- CLEAR Insights: Get a sneak preview of the CLEAR report, detailing the progress and challenges of mature TAM customers.
- Overview of Virtual Technical Advisor Service: Join us for a journey through the VTA Service with real-world examples.
- TCC Office Hours: Chat with Nisha Rai, VMware Tools Product Manager.
- Real-World Maturity Analytics Trends and Discussion: This session highlights key findings and broad analyses from the TAM CLEAR report.
- Premier Support Services: Learn the differences between Mission Critical and Business Critical offerings in Premier Support, VMware’s top technical assistance solution.
- Introduction to TAM Services: New to the VMware TAM ecosystem? Drop in for the low-down on all things technical.
- TCC Office Hours: Chat with Yiting Jin, vSphere Senior Product Manager.
- A Customer’s Perspective on Driving IT Transformation: Take a look at real-world IT transformation challenges—from the customer perspective.
- TAM Family Program Analytics: Want to learn how TAM Family customers use our team’s analytics? See how TAMs help set up their customers for success.
- Production is Down—So Are My Tools: Explore a production outage use-case to see VMware solutions in action.
- TCC Office Hours: Chat with Amanda Blevins, Director of Technology, Office of the CTO.
- Overview of Virtual Technical Advisor Service: See Monday’s description.
… That’s Not All, Folks
And of course, remember to keep some extra space open in your luggage. How else will you cart home all your fantastic VMware swag? We’ve got two daily prizes up for grabs—one slick VMworld aviator jacket and a voucher good for any VCP exam. You could be one of our lucky, random winners.
That’s all for now. We look forward to seeing faces both familiar and new at VMworld. Until Sunday!