When it comes to business continuity and disaster recovery, the stakes are higher than ever for IT. Your company depends on you to protect their most important data and apps against downtime. But you may not have adequate solutions in place to safeguard your business.
VMware virtualization can help. Based on the core vSphere platform, organizations can implement disaster recovery, data protection and business continuity solutions. And now putting them into production is easier, with our Tech Tips for Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery (BC/DR). Whether you’re just getting started with expanding virtualization for added BC/DR capabilities, or are looking for ways to improve your level of protection, these Tech Tips will help you:
- Simplify management and set up dependable, space-efficient backup and recovery with vSphere Data Protection. You’ll get tips on how to:
- Determine how much backup data capacity is right for your organization.
- Set up effective retention policies to optimize bandwidth consumption and storage efficiency.
- Lower your cost of disaster recovery by up to 50 percent with vCenter Site Recovery Manager. Get recommendations on ways to:
- Start small with just one application or service, then build out your disaster recovery plan.
- Use priority groups and dependencies to prioritize which VMs start at a recovery site.
- Build multiple recovery plans to define sets of VM machines that fail over together.
- Apply native cloud-based disaster recovery with vCloud Air Disaster Recovery. We’ll share advice on how to:
- Choose the service subscription plan that’s right for your specific needs.
- Define your disaster recovery policy settings based on the priority of your applications.
- Run a test recovery operation to verify that everything is properly configured and working as planned.
You’ll find these and many more suggestions in the VMware Tech Tips for Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery