As an SMB, it’s important to leverage IT resources in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. While recent studies show that more SMBs are taking advantage of the cloud and its opportunity of increased agility and reduced costs, there are still many SMBs that have yet to take the plunge. The journey into virtualization and cloud technologies, due to various challenges and considerations, can be unique to SMBs.
For our #vSMBChat next Wednesday, June 19th at 11am PT, we’d like to invite the larger cloud community to sound off on how SMBs can do more with less using hybrid cloud technologies. During the chat, we’ll discuss key topics for SMBs considering a move to the cloud, including:
- What are the first 3 steps SMBs need to do before considering virtualization or cloud technology (eg. Organizing data, hiring new people with specific skill sets, etc.)?
- What are the main benefits of hybrid cloud for SMBs?
- What are best practices to convince decision makers at your company to move to the cloud?
Co-hosting the chat with us will be Mike Roy (@MikeRoySoft), Product Marketing Manager at VMware and Adam Martin (@colttrickle), Associate IT Director at American StructurePoint. Mike and Adam will be on the chat to answer questions and share their personal experiences and insight on the challenges and benefits of hybrid cloud for SMBs.
Here’s how to participate in #vSMBChat:
- RSVP for the #vSMBChat.
- Follow the #vSMBChat hashtag (via TweetChat, TweetGrid, TweetDeck or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- Next Wednesday, June 19th at 11am PT, @VMwareSMB will pose a few questions using the #vSMBChat hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #vSMBChat hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #vSMBChat. Engage!
- #vSMBChat should last about an hour.
In the meantime, feel free to tweet at us (@VMwareSMB) with any questions. Look forward to having you join us next Wednesday the 19th for #vSMBChat!