Name: Jeremy Hall
Title: Associate Systems Engineer
Years at VMware: 5 Months
Years in IT: 13
Certifications:CVE, vCops, various Telco certs (Fuji FLM through Nortel optical) Cisco ONS, A+, MCP, etc.. way to many to list.
Aliases: jkhall (Spiceworks)
Get to know Jeremy:
1) What have you done in your career at VMware and what do you do now?
- I started IT doing desktop support for Netscape Navigator/Communicator in 1998. I have worked at WorldCom (in Network Operations Control), a hospital, a bank, and an insurance company.
2) Why do you love working at VMware?
- VMware has made my jobs so much easier to manage. I wanted to work for VMware because I believe VMware has a great vision for the future.
3) What did you do before coming to VMware?
- I was managing IT for multiple Insurance offices.
4) What is your area of technology expertise?
- Hardware configuration, project management, vSphere, End User Computing, Domain Management, etc…
5) What is your favorite VMware product or feature and why?
- VMware View and Horizon. Because this is the next big thing.
6) What is the one accomplishment in your career that you are most proud of?
- I never quit.
7) What is your favorite/funniest/most unbelievable IT story?
- I honestly don't have one.
8) What's the coolest thing that you have done (or helped a customer do) with VMware solutions?
- I have built multiple data centers from hardware to software implementations.
9) What's one piece of advice that you would give someone starting down the virtualization road?
- To be truly successful in IT, you have to devote yourself to it in the beginning.
10) What is your best IT Hero quote of the day?
- May the force be with you.
Connect with Jeremy through Spiceworks.