Get to know Jeff:
1) What have you done in your career at VMware and what do you do now?
- I started out at VMware as a Systems Engineer in the Commercial/Enterprise space, covering accounts with 1000> employees. I now manage the SMB Systems Engineering group.
2) Why do you love working at VMware?
- We truly have the best products and vision in the marketplace for Cloud, End User Computing, and Application Modernization. We also have beer Friday
3) What did you do before coming to VMware?
- Before VMware, I worked as a Solutions Architect at HP and as a Storage Specialist at Dell.
4) What is your area of technology expertise?
- Storage, BCDR, and End User Computing.
5) What is your favorite VMware product or feature and why?
- SRM – there is nothing cooler than a 4 click failover of an entire site.
6) What other areas of technology are you interested in?
- Photography is a major hobby of mine and I spend more time than I probably should comparing, buying, and using cameras. It always amazes me how many different kinds of photos you can get of the same subject by just changing the light or aperture.
7) What is the most challenging/unusual/perplexing IT question you've been asked?
- I often get asked how to fix a simple PC problem by my family… you know the kind of question: "My computer stopped working. What happened" – it usually turns into a 4 hour long phone conversation trying to figure out what really happened. I now have installed a program that allows me to log in remotely and fix things. 4 hours down to 5 minutes
8) What's the coolest thing that you have done (or helped a customer do) with VMware solutions?
- NDA prevents me from telling – but it's awesome and something a lot of you use on a daily basis.
9) What's one piece of advice that you would give someone starting down the virtualization road?
- Planning is key. Virtualization can save you time, money, and headaches. Just make sure you do it right the first time.
10) What is your best IT Hero quote of the day?
- "A hero is no braver than an ordinary man, but he is brave five minutes longer" – Ralph Walso Emerson
Connect with Jeff through Spiceworks.