Spring may be on its way, but it’s staying extra cloudy at VMware since partners are now enabled more than ever before to achieve success in the rapidly growing world of cloud computing. Here is a quick overview of the opportunities for success in the cloud with each of our cloud programs.
1. The VMware Service Provider Program (VSPP) enables the success of public/ hybrid cloud by providing Service Provider Partners with an OpEx strategy for investing in VMware infrastructure on a monthly subscription model. vCloud Services deliver enterprise-class security and infrastructure compatibility together with providing customers the freedom to readily move workloads among private, public, and hybrid clouds.
2. VMware’s Horizon desktop as a service (DaaS) platform was purpose-built for Service Providers with a robust, secure, scalable and cost-effective platform for delivering cloud-hosted virtual desktops. With a primary focus on delivering Windows desktops and applications as a cloud service to any user, anywhere on any device, the customer benefits of DaaS are extensive.
3. The Cloud Credits Purchasing Programis also enabling cloud success for Solution Providers by enabling end-user customers to buy public/hybrid cloud services in a single transaction or an Enterprise License Agreement (ELA) from VMware Solution Providers, control their consumption of the cloud and redeem the credits with approved VMware vCloud Service Providers over time. Watch the video to learn how Cloud Credits can help you – and your customers, achieve success in the cloud.
4. VMware’s vCloud Hybrid Service is a secure, dedicated infrastructure-as-a-service hybrid cloud owned and hosted by VMware, built on the trusted foundation of VMwarevSphere. The service supports existing applications and new application development, giving customers a common platform for seamlessly extending their existing data center to the cloud while leveraging the same tools and processes VMware customers use today.
5. The VMware Hybrid Cloud Solution Competency enables partners to successfully sell cloud services and seamlessly migrate customers from physical to cloud (P2C), or migrate customers from the private cloud to the public cloud. The Competency provides the foundational training required for partners to deliver VMware Hybrid Cloud Service, giving partners the opportunity to participate and gain influence in the cloud discussion with customers. Solution Providers wishing to transact vCloud Hybrid Service need to obtain VMware’s Hybrid Cloud Solution Competency.
6. VMware vCloud Connector links vSphere-based private and public clouds via a single interface, allowing you to manage them as a single hybrid environment. You can transfer virtual machines (VMs), vApps (collections of VMs with related resource controls and network settings), and templates from one vSphere-based cloud to another. You can also set up a content library to distribute and synchronize templates across clouds and extend a single Layer 2 network from your private data center to a vSphere-based public cloud.
From the ongoing growth and success of the VMware Service Provider Program to the VMware Cloud Credits Purchasing Program (launched at Partner Exchange 2013) to vCloud Hybrid Service, VMware is providing unparalleled options for all partner types in the VMware partner eco-system to succeed.
- The VMware Partner Network Team