With VMworld 2012 preparations and other ongoing work, this blog announcement was WAY overdue. But as the saying goes… "better late than never!"
In response to many customer requests, we are glad to announce the availability of two new vCenter Orchestrator (vCO) plug-ins and several updates to existing ones:
1. The NEW vCenter Configuration Manager workflow package allows organizations to automate compliance and patching operations around VM templates and guest operating systems. A must-have… unless you have the time or enjoy doing this manually, one template at a time…
2. The NEW vCenter Chargeback Manager plug-in helps automate the on-boarding of new cloud customers and configuration of chargeback reports. Try it today!
3. The vCenter Update Manager plug-in has been updated to support version 5.0. This one too is essential for scanning and remediating vSphere inventory objects against baselines.
4. The Microsoft Windows PowerShell plug-in has been significantly enhanced. Not only has performance improved, but this new release provides increased security thanks to support for Kerberos authentication.
5. The vCenter Server plug-in includes important fixes to several workflows and some performance improvements.
6. The SQL 1.1 plug-in combines the functionality of the SQL plug-in 1.0 and the default embedded Orchestrator Database plug-in. This version is backwards compatible with the two previous plug-ins and now supports the ability to handle Character Large Object (CLOB) data.
7. The SNMP plug-in includes an important fix regarding the ability to process multiple traps concurrently over time.
As always, you can find references to the latest documentation and download links on VMware Solution Exchange. Or you can go directly to the detailed listing for each plug-in: