The vCenter Orchestrator gifts season started a few months ago with the general availability of vCO 5.5. The compelling release was announced just in time to share the vCO momentum at VMworld. Along with the amazing new features introduced, VMware continues with a lot more presents.
This year the holiday magic brings to vCenter Orchestrator users several updates, product integrations and learning gadgets that make automation with vCO more powerful than ever.
1. VMware has just announced the GA of VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0(vCAC 6.0). The extension and creation of XaaS is done using the vCAC Advanced Service Designer which allows you to seamlessly leverage any vCO workflow and convert it to a catalog item or day 2 operation, available as a service in the vCAC Self-service portal.
2. vCO CLI is the code name of the new debugging extension which will not only facilitate all experienced vCenter Orchestrator users and also helps the newcomers to programmatically explore the rich vCO ecosystem through interactive command shell. Access to the vCO plug-in’s inventory is integrated into the tool UI for easy navigation to the integrated solution objects.
4. The long awaited vCO Powershell plug-in 1.0.3 is updated to support Powershell 3.0 inventory and is fully backward compatible with your existing scripts.
5. In vCenter Orchestrator plug-in for Microsoft Active Directory 1.0.4 the old configuration mode is removed and you are now able to configure the plug-in automatically through native vCO workflows.
For additional information on these materials, please visit the following sites:
- VMware vCloud Automation Center 6.0 - Extensibility Overview
- vCO CLI
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator HTTP-REST Plug-in 1.0.3
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator SOAP Plug-in 1.0.3
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for Microsoft Powershell 1.0.4
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator Plug-in for Microsoft Active Directory 1.0.4
The entire vCO team wishes you the very best for the holidays and 2014.