- Company outlines vision for security in the Software-Defined Data Center
- Product and partner demonstrations in Booth #1615 to showcase growing security portfolio
- New PCI-DSS 3.0 and FedRAMP reference architectures to be presented
Throughout its history, RSA Conference has consistently attracted the world’s best and brightest in the security field, creating opportunities for attendees to learn about IT security’s most important issues through first-hand interactions with peers, luminaries and emerging and established companies.
At next week’s conference, VMware will take an important step in outlining details of its vision for advancing security for the software-defined data center. During major periods of IT architecture change, security has often been relegated to an afterthought. But as we enter the Era of the Software-Defined Data Center, security is being designed into the foundation of the architecture from the beginning. If you’re attending the show we invite you to join Martin Casado, our CTO of networking, and Tom Corn, VP of Security Strategy, for a presentation titled, “The Goldilocks Zone: VMware’s vision for security in the Era of the Software-Defined Data Center.” Casado and Corn will detail why the hypervisor represents the ideal place to optimize security by providing the perfect place for delivering for both application context and physical isolation. This is a must attend for executives, CISOs, ISVs, press and analysts attending RSA Conference 2014. The session is on Monday, February 24 at 1pm PST in Moscone West, Room 2022.
VMware Sessions at RSA Conference 2014
- Tuesday, February 25, 2014, 1:20–2:20pm, Moscone West, Room 2002 – Shifting Roles for Security in the Virtualized Data Center: Who Owns What? (CSV-TO7). VMware’s Rob Randall will join Malcolm Rieke of CatBird to explore how virtualization technologies are changing the operational and architecture roles in IT Networking and Security, and the skill sets required of these updated roles.
- Wednesday, February 26, 2014, 8–9:00am, Moscone West, Room 2007 – Hot Topics in Information Security Law 2014 (LAW – W01). VMware’s Rebecca Matthais will participate on a panel put on by the American Bar Association’s Information Security Committee that will provide up-to-the-minute reporting on key infosec legal developments and insight into legal trends.
VMware Booth #1615 Portfolio Demonstrations
- End-User Computing – VMware will demonstrate the latest end-user computing technologies available in VMware Horizon View, Horizon Mirage and Horizon Workspace that help organizations secure enterprise mobility and deliver desktops, applications and data as-a-service.
- Network Virtualization – VMware will demonstrate the VMware NSX network virtualization platform and how NSX integrates with solutions from leading security ecosystem partners.
- Cloud Management– VMware will present the latest developments in Cloud operations visualization with VMware vCenter Log Insight 1.5, which delivers automated log management through aggregation, analytics and search, enabling operational intelligence and enterprise-wide visibility in dynamic hybrid cloud environments.
New PCI-DSS 3.0 and FedRAMP Reference Architectures
VMware and its partners will showcase new validated reference architectures designed to accelerate deployment of a software-defined data center while helping to ensure compliance for regulated workloads. These new reference architectures for PCI-Data Security Standard 3.0 and FedRAMP 1.1 have been validated by Coalfire, a leading independent IT GRC audit/assessment services firm, QSA and 3PAO member, and accredited VMware Consulting and Integration Partner Program partners.
The RSA Conference takes place at Moscone Center in San Francisco, February 24-27, 2014. We hope to see you there.
The VMware Team