Folks, today, Ramin Sayar, SVP & GM, Cloud Management Business Unit, VMware, made some key announcements at VMworld, and outlined in this blog post. They include VMware vRealize Suite, VMware vRealize Operations Insight, and VMware vRealize Air Automation. You can read more about the vRealize Suite in an upcoming blog post by Sajai Krishnan, VP Product Marketing, Cloud Management Business Unit. In this post, I’d like to provide you with more information about a very important piece from today’s announcements…vRealize Operations Insight!
I am thrilled to share that today we are launching VMware vRealize Operations Insight 5.8, a unified IT operations and log management solution for performance management, capacity optimization, and real-time log analytics, using predictive analytics leveraging both structured and unstructured data, for proactive issue avoidance and faster problem resolution. It is available as an add-on to VMware vSphere with Operations Management (“vSOM”).
For businesses of all sizes using VMware vSphere, who are concerned about application downtimes, return on IT investment, and capital expenditure, vRealize Operations Insight (“vROI”) is the IT operations and log management solution that delivers intelligent operations and policy-based automation from apps to storage across physical and virtual infrastructure. vROI extends intelligent operations management beyond vSphere to include operating systems, physical servers, storage and networking hardware, and is supported by an extensive marketplace of extensions for third-party tools, including Microsoft SCOM, NetApp, Brocade, EMC, Cisco, and others. vROI includes two components – VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite Advanced and VMware vCenter Log Insight.
Here’s a quick list of capabilities provided by vRealize Operations Insight (vROI):
- Performance and Infrastructure Health Management: Predictive analytics and smart alerts drive proactive identification and remediation of issues.
- Capacity Planning, Modeling and Optimization: Automated capacity optimization and planning increases resource utilization.
- Real-Time Log Analytics: Universal log collection with real-time monitoring, search and log analytics enables faster problem resolution.
- Application Dependency Mapping: Simplifies and accelerates root-cause analysis.
- OS Monitoring: Monitors operating system resources – CPU, disk, memory, network, for Windows and Linux systems.
- Storage and Network Visibility: Provides SAN Storage analytics and is extensible with data feeds from third-party storage and network monitoring tools.
- vSphere Hardening, Change, Configuration and Regulatory Compliance: Automated detection and enforcement of standards to ensure compliance.
- Unified Management through an Open and Extensible Platform: Full visibility from apps to storage – for vSphere and physical hardware, supported by extensions for third-party tools, like Microsoft SCOM, and others.
The infographic below provides an overview of how vRealize Operations Insight (vROI) can help customers simplify IT operations management in their data centers. It highlights the key issues customers are trying to deal with, showcases the features and capabilities of the solution, and also includes some key metrics on benefits that customers can realize.
For complete details, resources, purchasing information, as well as a free trial of vRealize Operations Insight, visit the website.
vRealize Operations Insight – Dreaming of Simplifying Your IT Operations Management
Download Infographic: vRealize Operations Insight – Dreaming of Simplifying Your IT Operations Management
- Himanshu (@himanshuks)
P.S. – You can follow #vROI, @vCenterOps and @VMLogInsight for the latest updates through this week at VMworld, and beyond.