In case you hadn't heard, VMware recently launched Workstation 10 with some great new features including:
- Ability to encrypt and restrict access to virtual machines
- Setting an expiration date on which a virtual machine will automatically expire (we will showcase this feature in a later video)
- Converting a Windows 8.1 physical PC to a virtual machine
- Support for 20 virtual networks
- Support for 16 vCPUs, 8 TB SATA disks and 64GB of RAM
- New Virtual SATA disk controller
- SSD Pass through
- Industry first to provide virtual tablet sensors that enable virtual machines to take advantage of the accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, and even the ambient light sensor when running on a tablet
- AND many more....
Over the coming weeks we will be providing several video tutorials aimed at helping you to come up to speed with this new version of the product.
To start us off, this video discusses and demonstrates how you can download and install VMware Workstation 10 on a Windows-bases system.
Before installing VMware Workstation 10:
- Ensure that your physical machine meets the system requirements. For more details see: The Workstation 10 Documentation Center
- Be aware that you can only have one version of VMware Workstation installed at one time. You must uninstall any previous version of VMware Workstation before installing a new version.
Note: The Workstation installer will automatically detect older versions and prompt you to uninstall before being able to proceed with installing version 10.