By Stephanie Hardisty, HP Alliance Manager, VMware
The healthcare industry in general has been under a bright, hot spotlight for the last few years. The pressure is on to deliver better quality care to more people and at a lower cost. And of course, healthcare providers need to always be vigilant about the security of healthcare information.
Sadly, the ideal – where clinicians have anytime, anywhere, any device access to all the information they need – still falls pretty far from the reality in most healthcare organizations. That’s because enabling secure access to an increasingly mobile user base, many of whom want to use their own devices, is a complex undertaking, and many organizations are still struggling with legacy infrastructure that simply isn’t capable of answering modern healthcare IT challenges.
Clearly, modernizing aging and inefficient healthcare infrastructure is one of the most important drivers to improving healthcare. That’s why VMware and HP have introduced the NEW HP Mobile Care Reference Architecture based on the VMware Horizon View AlwaysOn Point of Care solution. This solution is designed to improve efficiency for physicians and medical IT departments, which ultimately results in better, faster medical care for patients, and lower IT costs for providers. Specific benefits include:
- Provides faster access to information, saving time on patient rounds, enabling quicker and more accurate diagnoses and improving the overall patient care experience
- Grants the ability to use the clinician’s preferred device to access patient information
- Reduces time to launch medical applications
- Significantly improves clinical infrastructure flexibility
- Facilitates roll-out of mobile devices and BYOD
- Ensures medical applications are always on, even in the face of disasters
- Enhances security for critical patient data by protecting personal health information in the data center and using end-point devices and thin clients with built-in security features
- Reduces strain on the IT helpdesk for password resets
- Eases deployment and reduces risk, with a validated, end-to-end solution provided by one company, integrated to work optimally
We believe this new reference architecture will contribute to reduced healthcare costs and improved clinician productivity; goals that top the list of priorities among healthcare providers. In fact, we’re already starting to hear some great feedback from customers that the solution saves significant clinician time, allowing them to be more focused on patients.
Speaking from experience with AlwaysOn Point of Care implementations he has led at major US healthcare providers, Bill Hudson, currently a Senior Business Strategist in VMware’s Healthcare Practice explains that for large enterprise healthcare organizations, the savings can be very dramatic. From just tap-and-go technology, you can save up to 15 minutes a day of a clinician’s time which means they can be more focused on quality of care.
Get the details. You can dig into the details by viewing the 4-minute “chalk talk” or downloading the solution brochure.