It’s no secret that VMware Certifications require dedication. Whether you’re just getting started with VCA or preparing for your VCDX defense, the first step is to commit to preparing for the exams.
Everyone has their own goals for obtaining VMware Certifications. Some enjoy the challenge of keeping their skills sharp and relevant in this fast-paced and ever-changing technology landscape. Others seek to advance their careers or open up new opportunities. Still others may solely seek the personal satisfaction of the accomplishment.
Whatever your reason may be, we’re here to help you get started. Benjamin Franklin once warned, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” So let’s jump in.
In this video, Linus Bourque, VMware Certified Instructor, provides guidance on how to prepare for your VMware Certification exam, regardless of which exam you plan to take.
Linus walks through the following recommendations for how to prepare:
- Set a schedule – plan ahead, rather than trying to cram
- Set up a lab – the practice will give you a chance to apply your knowledge
- Study with partners – discussions will aid in understanding
- Tap into available resources:
- VMware Certification Forums
- Free practice exams & exam demos
- Use your reference materials:
- Exam Blueprint
- Training courseware manuals
- Review appropriate vSphere documentation
- VMware Press Official Cert Guides
- Watch free, online instructional videos
- Hone your skills with Hands On Practice
In addition to leveraging the community in VMware Certification forums for help, study tips and program questions; we suggest that you take advantage of our strong community of certification holders. Having been through the process, they offer a wealth of excellent insight on how to succeed. This month, we highlight advice from Ray Heffer, VCDX #122.
In these blog posts, Ray recounts the experience of working to achieve VCDX and offers tips for those looking to achieve a similar goal:
Read Part 1 of Ray’s VCDX Preparation & Tips*
Read Part 2 of Ray’s VCDX Preparation & Tips*
We hope these hints help you get started on your path to certification!
* The views expressed in these blog posts and comments of this blog do not reflect the positions or opinions of VMware. The views and technical information are solely those of the owner and have not been validated by VMware.