You’re busy—and you need answers, fast. Your best bet to find what you need and get back to work: VMware’s Knowledge Base also known simply as “KB”. It’s a great resource for frequently asked questions, support solutions, error messages, and troubleshooting guides, all in one place.
New to VMware Knowledge Base?
Start with the Using the VMware Knowledge Base article: it highlights how to browse topics, the types of actions you can take upon finding an article and where to go for additional resources. Think of it as your cheat sheet for any VMware Knowledge Base questions you may have.
Need help searching the Knowledge Base?
If you’re having trouble finding the right resource in the Knowledge Base, check out the Searching the VMware Knowledge Base article. It provides search tips, guidance on how to use filters and search operator suggestions to help you get the best results.
Have other questions?
If you’re having trouble finding the right answer, don’t stress: you can request new content, ask for new product features and provide feedback at the bottom of each article. You can also refer to the VMware Support Insider Blog, which contains even more useful information, including video webinars and tutorials.
Top 10 VMware Knowledge Base articles
To get you started, here are the top 10 most popular articles on the VMware Knowledge Base. You’ll find answers to the most common problems or issues—no searching required.
- Hardware and firmware requirements for 64-bit guest operating systems
- Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 Operating System does not boot or install on ESXi or ESX
- Response to OpenSSL security issue CVE-2014-0160/CVE-2014-0346 a.k.a: “Heartbleed”
- TCP and UDP Ports required to access VMware vCenter Server, VMware ESXi and ESX hosts, and other network components
- Upgrading to VMware Tools 5.1 causes log spew with the message: Error in the RPC receive loop: RpcIn: Unable to send
- vSphere 5.1 compatibility with VMware View
- How to download VMware products and troubleshooting issues with downloads
- Intermittent NFS APDs on VMware ESXi 5.5 U1
- VM Snapshot Size (GB) alarm incorrectly triggers on virtual machines with no snapshots
- Increasing the size of a virtual disk
Take a spin around the VMware Knowledge Base and let us know what you think in the comments. Which articles did you find most useful?