We talk about automation regularly here on the CloudOps blog – Kurt Milne looked into the economics of task and service automation, Andy Troup broke down the automation Scripting, Orchestration and Technology Love Triangle, and, more recently, Pierre Moncassin discussed how automation doesn’t always mean removing the human element from your workflows. Automation, of course, also continues to be a hot topic for our customers.
For our next #CloudOpsChat on Wednesday, September 18th at 11am PST, we’d like to invite our CloudOps audience to keep the conversation going, discussing: “To Automate, or Not to Automate? - considerations and best practices for IT admins looking to take advantage of the benefits of automation in a smart but effective way.”
During the chat, we’ll discuss:
- What approach have you taken to identify suitable processes to automate?
- What process areas have you started automating?
- What technique is primarily used for your automation? Policy, orchestration or scripting?
- What makes a process a good candidate for automation?
- What challenges has your organization faced when approaching automation?
- What business processes have you successfully automated in your organization?
Here’s how to participate in #CloudOpsChat:
- Follow the #CloudOpsChat hashtag (via Twubs.com, Tchat.io, TweetDeck, or another Twitter client) and watch the real-time stream.
- On Wednesday, September 18th at 11am PST, @VMwareCloudOps will pose a few questions using the #CloudOpsChat hashtag to get the conversation rolling.
- Tag your tweets with the #CloudOpsChat hashtag. @reply other participants and react to their questions, comments, thoughts via #CloudOpsChat. Engage with each other!
- #CloudOpsChat should last about an hour.